Welcome to my little corner of the blogosphere to share the ups and downs of starting a craft business, with plenty of tips, mishaps and the odd glass of wine!

Monday 6 July 2015

Doing something you love

Last week I took a few days off from 'work' and created 2 things, for different people, just because.... and do you know what? I LOVE it!!

First I made a Mummy & Baby VW Campervan:


I really really enjoyed makin this for a customer who is about to have a baby... It just seemed like such a cute idea! It's kind of like a VW Campervan Russian Doll idea - I am going to try a whole rainbow of them getting bigger and bigger one day!

The second thing I made, was a bowl for my Mum for her birthday. This was a real treat for me because I didn't have to try and make it look 'like' anything. Everything else I do... The campervans, the R2D2 costumes, animal masks, etc all have to look like the thing they are supposed to be, but this bowl and it's decor could be anything  I liked.... oh the freedom!


I made the bowl from extra thick stiffened felt, which I then wrapped in the normal felt I use. Then I needle felted some decorations to the inside of each side piece and made some paisley decorations to sew onto the outsides.




Then I sewed the 4 sides to the base and to each other. And voila!

The bowl is not something I'd make to sell as it took far too long to create for the money I'd be able to charge, but I loved making it as a one off!

If there was enough interest it could appear in my patterns section of the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all comments made on the blog (it reminds me that I'm not talking to myself!) so just wanted to say thanks for adding your thoughts. Simmi x

Sharing Buttons