Welcome to my little corner of the blogosphere to share the ups and downs of starting a craft business, with plenty of tips, mishaps and the odd glass of wine!

Thursday 3 September 2015

Fun with Hama Beads

We love Hama Beads (or Perler Beads as they're sometimes known) in this house... we've made all sorts of things:

Shamrock made by Daddy

Aliens & the Mothership from a retro computer game (am trying to make out that I haven't forgotten the name of said game!)

A sunny seahorse

I've been building a Pinterest Board with Hama Bead ideas



And when a lovely lady approached me to host a 9 year old's birthday party I knew it would be great to involve hama beads somehow.

So I made up a bag with a hama bead tag like this:

My example felt bag
And here are some of the girls' creations:



And the birthday girl with her bag:


They are so much fun to make - all you need is a board (you can buy different shaped boards, but a square one is the most flexible in terms of making different patterns) a bunch of beads, some tracing paper/baking paper/freezer paper (a sheet of which usually comes with a pack of beads) and an iron.

I'd love to see some of the Hama Bead creations you make, so feel free to email them to me at simmi@gracesfavours.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all comments made on the blog (it reminds me that I'm not talking to myself!) so just wanted to say thanks for adding your thoughts. Simmi x

Sharing Buttons